Setting up an OB/GYN practice with billing and EHR
The client is a OB/GYN who left her hospital job to start a private practice in Massachusetts.
Setting up a new practice is a tough challenge in itself but there were several specific challenges faced by the doctor.
1) Hospital sent notices to all carriers that the doctor wasn’t part of their system resulting in billing denials.
2) Billing process including coding, was required to be established.
3) EHR needed to be made suitable for OB/GYN and rolled out.
WHAT WE DID
Our team established the entire billing process from ground-up and rolled out enki EHR helping the doctor establish herself after leaving the hospital.
1) We re-credentialed her with all major insurance companies resulting in minimal financial disruption.
2) Along with implementing a complete billing process from charge entry to Accounts Receivable follow up, we worked towards building a coordinated OB/GYN coding guide that helped the team bill accurately.
3) We rolled out enki EHR in a short time and customized enki modules for OB/GYN as per the doctor’s preference. We also developed uni and bi-directional interfaces with the hospital’s lab and with Quest Diagnostics. The entire implementation was completed remotely and fairly quickly.
LIFE WITH NEXTSERVICES
Regardless of specialty, location and credentialing status, we were able to help this doctor establish her new practice smoothly. We bring deeply experienced billing practices to all our engagements – this offers much needed financial stability for new practices. enki EHR, our cloud/mobile based electronic health record platform makes it easy for a speedy rollout, with minimal disruption and training requirements of staff.