A new healthcare law to worry about. MACRA is not easy (2,398 pages long) but it needn’t be a burden.
The time and resources you spend on paperwork is enormous. Each new mandate requires you to not only be compliant, but also run regular reports and submit them.
On Jan 1st, 2017, a new law to track physician performance went into first gear. It’s called Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (or simply MACRA).
MACRA adds to the long list of regulatory mandates that practices already need to comply with. The law is applicable to roughly 55 million clinicians (eligible medical personnel under MACRA) that include physicians, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurse anesthetists and physician assistants.
The MACRA final rule is 2,398 pages long. Check it out here.
Some practices are investing countless hours trying to figure MACRA out on their own.
Here’s a handy infographic that outlines all the important details related to MACRA.
Some practices are taking a chance by choosing to not participate in the program.
Unfortunately, doctors are facing increased pressure in two areas:
1) Quality – The need to demonstrate adherence to quality as per mandates
2) Cost – The need to stay profitable amidst increased paperwork
What’s your ROI?
The maximum incentive you get after fully adhering to the MACRA program is 4% (under MIPS program in 2019). If you are an exceptional performer, then you maybe are eligible for additional increase of up to 10%.
Take a moment to compute your return on investment.
What are those hours worth to you?
When you spend hours figuring out rules and compliance, you are basically taking away hours that could have been spent on providing quality care to patients.
Are you willing to hire staff or pay overtime or work longer to help you to get MACRA ready?
What if there was a better way to help you stay compliant without the burden?
– Even if you don’t have the time and resources
– Even without hiring extra staff
– Even if you are a small or big practice
We have been working with several clients and helping them comply with Meaningful Use, PQRS, ASCQR, SPARCS, HCRA and THCIC compliance programs.
Our 13+ years of healthcare industry experience and team of domain experts will help you at every stage of the process.
• We first determine the MACRA track you qualify for – MIPS or APMs. We do this by analyzing your Medicare patient volume and reimbursements, and check if you are a part of an ACO or other coordinated care programs.
• We then identify the number of eligible clinicians who can be enrolled in the program.
• Detailed training sessions are conducted for you and your staff, where we cover the basics of the program and answer any specific questions you might have.
• We track your adherence to measures and provide regular reports and alerts.
• We are available on phone and email.
• We attest/submit compliance data to respective registries on your behalf.
Don’t fall behind, we will help and guide you through the transition towards value-based care.
A few more questions...
Do you guarantee incentives?
No. We can’t guarantee incentives if you are not meeting compliance numbers. We will regularly provide you alerts on your compliance. You will know whether you are heading in the right direction or not. Ultimately it’s your responsibility to adhere to the compliance measures.
Who will manage reporting and documentation?
We will. Our domain experts will assess the systems you use for Meaningful Use and PQRS compliance and regularly run compliance reports. We might need logins or remote connections to the system you are using.
When do you typically connect to our system?
We connect to your systems when your office is closed to cause minimal operational disruption. However, we will need the assistance of your staff for remote access.