Why go mobile with your electronic health record?
It’s possibly not too difficult to imagine that we will mostly live in a mobile world in the future but for now, here are 10 reasons to go mobile with your EHR:
- You can have the records in your EHR follow you around instead of being tied to a desk.
- You can look at your patients while consulting with them instead of staring at a computer screen.
- You can save real estate that servers and computers occupy, if not paper records.
- You can get access to medical records from anywhere including Antarctica – you simply need to be networked.
- You can securely message with staff attaching medical charts instead of calling them or getting paged.
- You can complete your notes from home, hospital or even the parking lot.
- You can use your mobile EHR as an alarm system to alert you to do the right things at the right time.
- You can save money by not having to take backups and hiring IT staff.
- You can potentially see patients virtually, from anywhere.
- You can prescribe medications from anywhere.